Truthful speaking would be a simple way to tell the truth, if the truth were simple and could be told.

06 March 2008

And More Importantly:

Happy birthday, Gabriel García Márquez!
If you haven't already, go out and buy and read these books:























































































Those are his three best and if you click on the covers, it should take you to some links.

So happy 81st birthday, Gabriel García Márquez; to a life of spectacular literature! Can't wait for more.
He's one of the writers who seriously changed my life.









3 comments:

Ian said...

Hip-hip-hooray for Marquez!

And speaking of writers we both like, have you read the Chabon essay in the New Yorker about super-hero costumes? It's fantastic and I think you can find it at the New Yorker website.

Matt said...

Chabon has a new essay in "The New Yorker"? Man: I'm reading it now.

Incidentally, did you ever get around to reading "Yiddish?"

Ian said...

I still, sadly, have not read Yiddish Policeman's Union, and I have no good excuse for it. I actually have a Borders gift card in my wallet right now, I might have to use it on that.

How's the DJ racket, by the by?