Truthful speaking would be a simple way to tell the truth, if the truth were simple and could be told.

13 May 2008

Due Out:

A brand new Gabriel Garcia Marquez book.

This is really exciting, Garcia Marquez really changed my writing style and all that sort of stuff, gave me a new view of how I could approach writing things or reading literature or whatever. Apparently, it's due out towards the end of the year.

I'm going to buy it, even if it's the disappointing like Memories of My Melancholy Whores or Of Love and Other Demons. Because at least his exuberant prose style can carry some aspect of the narratives.

Follow this link to Guardian article announcement!

Though if it comes out later this year, it may get pitted against Roberto Bolano's supposed magnum opus, 2666. Whatever; I'll get both.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I bet this is more exciting than the new David Sedaris book...